Thursday, May 17, 2012

YES, The Writer Is In!

Ha! I finally got around to creating my VERY first writing blog. :)

Yeah, for someone who's been in the biz for half a decade now (and still counting), this is long overdue. Well, better late than never.

It was back in 2007 when I first made up my mind...

"I will be self-employed by ALL means necessary!"

I can still vividly remember the stress and frustration of running the 'rat race'. I was working for a Call Center as a Customer Service Representative...
  • Taking A LOT of verbal beating from irate customers
  • Tossing the same spiel every time my line beeps (yes, saying the spiel WORD-FOR-WORD was required)
  • Sleeping at only 5 hours a day or less
And doing all sorts of stuff that you wouldn't do just to get my hands on quite a significant amount of money - that 'trophy' we came to know as salary, every 15th and 30th of the month.

Repetitive, frustrating, and dull - I was like a rodent on a hamster wheel. I'm getting nowhere...fast. Now, those things were of the past and I don't want to dwell on them. But you can only imagine the relief and excitement when I realized that...

"YES, I Can Live Comfortably At Home, Doing One Of The Things That I Love Most!"

I can't remember the website or page that introduced me to this NEW and REVOLUTIONARY idea (at least, for me back then) of working as a writer online.

Without any hesitation, within that very week, I filed my resignation...and embraced the world of freelance writing. I never looked back.

It wasn't always smooth sailing. No, my bank account isn't oozing with thousands of dollars.

(Heck! If you know a job that's 100 percent hassle-free and financially satisfying, please send me an email. :D)

BUT I love what I'm doing. Throughout the years, I came to know many people - interesting people I wouldn't have met if I didn't man-up and get my hands dirty.
  • Total newbies who just need some articles written for their brand-new sites
  • Meticulous bloggers who proof-read articles like a machine
  • Fellas who have no idea how to write but want to learn and buddy up with you
  • Amazingly productive people who have the usual J-O-B but are able to successfully and profitably run their online businesses at only a few hours a day
The list goes on and on.

Not all of the people I met online are pleasant, but all of them contributed something to what I am and what I know today.

And I'm not going to stop just yet. Writing for passion and for dough is an infinitely enriching and endless road. That's what this blog is all about. So step right up, join me as I explore the world of freelance writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment