Friday, May 18, 2012

Sample Article #1: Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV Under The Microscope – The Unpretentious High Definition TV

Shopping for your first high-definition LED TV?

Looking for great-looking television to be the centerpiece of your new home theatre or entertainment room?

Perhaps, your current HDTV is a ‘dinosaur’ and you need to replace for the upcoming house party?

Whatever your reason is, the Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV is a set you definitely need to check out.

As you read on, you will find out why. But, before anything else…

A Quick Glance At The Best Features

  • Full HD 1080p, 46-Inch Display, & Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Pulse: This HD LED TV from Samsung let’s you immerse yourself into every detail, every color, and every sound of the movie you’re watching.
  • ConnectShare Movie: So you have tons of photos and movies on your USB drive that you want to view in HD? With ConnectShare Movie, you can! No need to burn your photos and movies to a DVD. Just link up your USB drive to ConnectShare Movie, and you can view and watch all of its contents without any hassle.
  • Clear Motion Rate (CMR) 240: With a CMR of 240, this 46-inch baby from Samsung let’s you view action-packed movement – showcasing sharp detail combined with deeper levels of contrast, minus the pesky image distortion.
  • Wide Color Enhancer Plus: See the FULL RGB spectrum brought to life right before your eyes! Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers extraordinarily lively images while keeping it natural-looking.
My Experience With Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV
To be frank, this TV is not for everyone. If you want an LED TV that is jam-packed with features, like internet streaming and all that jazz, then you may want to pass up on this Samsung TV.

However, if you want a high-definition TV to do best what it is supposed to do (and that is to let you watch and really enjoy movies and shows), then Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV fits the bill.

It’s a television – it doesn’t pretend to be a substitute for your PC or anything else. And personally, I haven’t really needed it for anything else.

I watch movies and my favorite TV shows on it. Along with that, I also use it as a monitor for my PC and gaming consoles. And here’s what: it does an excellent job for what I need it for, and that’s all that matters to me.

The Picture / Image Quality
Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV delivers nice and sharp images / pictures. When I took it out of the box, the color mode was ‘Dynamic’, and I found it a little too bright and it somewhat washed out the picture.

But no problem, I just set the color mode to ‘Standard’ and that’s it! The display fits my environment just right.

Being an avid gamer, I am yet to try the ‘Game’ color mode. However, the ‘Standard’ mode is doing just fine for me with the games I’ve played on Steam and my consoles.

Audio Outputs
I haven’t really paid attention to the audio output that this 46-inch HD TV has, but I was in for a pleasant surprise. Right at the back, I discovered that the Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV has an optical audio output (this was expected) and an analog 3-conductor phone. Getting an RCA audio output would’ve been better, but it’s nothing to whine or cry about.

The “Boo!” Part
While everything seems to be fine and dandy with the Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV, there’s one big drawback. Nah, it’s not big enough to send it back and pay for a more expensive Samsung HD TV. But it is annoying!

This TV has only 2 HDMI ports. All of the other 3D TVs from Samsung have 4 HDMI ports! Not to mention most consumers have more than 2 HDMI devices. Plus, using switches can really reduce the signal quality. Why did this TV have only two? You’d have to write to Samsung for that.

Summing It Up
Clearly, Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV is not the perfect TV. It doesn’t have all of the features that other TVs have, and I find the HDMI ports a little annoying.

However, the goodies clearly outweigh the baddies. Excellent picture and sound quality, has a CMR of 240, can play movies straight from your USB, and more – I’m really enjoying it. So adios amigos, I’m off to play Modern Warfare 3 on my TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment